Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sakai Post

1. The connections I can make between the book Blink and the story "The Artist of the Beautiful" is that you cannot judge something or someone by first appearance. In the book Blink, the author, Malcolm Gladwell, describes what is suppose to be a legit statue at first glance to be a copycat of a famous sculpture. This compares to the book because people of the town believe the artist to be incapable to create a simple creation but in the end creates this ingenious masterpiece.


4. "Are you alive, child of the sun and playmate of the summer breeze, after your dismal winters nap? Then it is time for me to worfor me to be at work!" This quotation really captured my eye because it tied in the conversation and the theme about the butterfly with the description of his slaughtered dream. It was perfect how he compares his dead dream to a slumbering butterfly. I thought it was quite creative and it defiantly caught my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment